Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2009


May as well take out the new year with a bang. Plus I don't know that I will be up to 'officially' welcome in '09. As I get older I realize that I may be turning into that crazy old man who yells at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn. And I really don't have that much of a problem with it.
The recent holiday season has also made me aware that I have very little tolerance for idiots, or as the man in the photo would say morans. By calling them idiots I am using my own classification system that pretty much refers to anyone that does something that pi$$es me off. I understand that not everyone can be 'on' 100% of the time and I will give a little leeway, but some things grant no forgiveness. One is illustrated by the photo. There are 4 words on that placard and he got one wrong. Frankly the first two are a given so technically he got 50% wrong, and I am surprised that brain is correct. If you are going to the trouble of using a sign to protest (or praise for that matter) MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SPELLED RIGHT!!!
Basically it all comes down to one thing, at least for me. Take other people into consideration. If you are driving try and follow the advice on the sign on the side of the road and keep your vehicle up to that speed. If you can't, or won't, you should take a different route that will allow you to sight see and meander at the pace you choose. At the very least stay in the right hand lane. Let's also try using a turn signal. If you are going to protest something, and by all means that is every persons right, don't make yourself look any more stupid than you already do. It doesn't help your argument if you can't spell. Most people have trouble listening to your cause if they are laughing at you.
Sorry for the rambling, but the holiday season always brings out my inner grinch and it wasn't helped this year by some situations at work. It is amazing how inept people can be promoted to a management position. It is equally amazing that said person once in the management position can somehow then seem to become even more inept. Enough said on that for the moment. Details may come in later posts
Hope everyone enjoys themselves and brings in '09 in whatever fashion they prefer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch!

akamalcolm said...

If this is the worse that I am called - I can deal with that