Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS


Technically it is Christmas Eve, but I know I am not going to get a chance to post again before the weekend so here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

Sitting down now and enjoying the annual tradition of watching as much of the 24 hour marathon on TBS of the best Christmas movie (and pretty high ranking movie in general) EVER - A Christmas Story. I will give this one to Parker since it was filmed in Cleveland and they have converted the house into a museum. I also discovered that the winning bid in an auction to spend Christmas Eve night in the house and 'relive' some of the scenes went for just over $5,000. I think the highlight would have been having Christmas dinner from Pearl of the Orient.

No rants this time around-just hope everyone enjoys the holiday and is able to spend time with friends and family.

No list either this time around, but the trivia lives on.

USELESS ON TOPIC TRIVIA: 2 since it is such a great movie
The movie studio wanted Jack Nicholson to play the part of the Dad, but the director lobbied (and obviously got) Darren McGavin, and I think the movie was all the better.

Grover Dill (the toadie to the bully), played by Yano Anaya, is also the paperboy from Better Off Dead. "Two Dollars!" He also played the young Michael Anthony in Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" video


2 comments:

mwf6171 said...

Merry New Year!!!! Beef jerky!?!?!??!

akamalcolm said...

I believe the correct response to this would be

"No thank you my son, it gives me the winds." If that's not 100% it is close enough for this crowd.