Tuesday, June 30, 2009

HeroesCon part II




Start with the print available to advance ticket holders. Signed & numbered 68/1200 by Bill Sienkiewicz. I will try and post a little more general con review later, but for now onto the art!!








Kid Flash by Tom Lyle. Tom was a late addition and wasn't even mentioned on the online list. After I stumbled across his name in the program I knew I had to add him to my book. Very glad he was able to squeeze me in before a panel on Sunday.










Bullseye - pencils by John Tyler Christopher / inks by Bernard Shepard. Both members of Studio Revolver and nice guys in general. Noticed a set of Seven Deadly Sins prints by John and was able to get the Bullseye by him.















Beaker by Roger Langridge. After seeing the Zoot that Chris got from Roger, I was glad that I was able to get on his commission list. Another really nice guy.

















Deathstroke by Andy Black. Presented Andy with an option of about 5 different characters and told him it was his choice. I think he chose wisely.






















Dr. Strange by George Perez. Missed out on the raffle of Friday, but was able to score a very nice sketch in Saturday's drawing. Went into the show not even thinking about getting a sketch from him and didn't even have a character in mind while I was standing in line in the morning. Of course anything by Perez would be a worthy addition to the sketchbook, but I am glad I picked the good Dr.

























Captain Cold and Loki by Chris Giarrusso. I had seen his stuff posted by others before and had a rough time selecting the characters, but was pleased with the end results.
















































Spider Woman and Dr. Light by Rhiannon Owens. Ran across her in Artists Alley and was taken by her art. After inquiring as to her rates (VERY reasonable) and avialability (wide open sketch list) I picked Dr. Light. After seeing how well it turned out I knew I had to get another. Spider Woman jumped to mind and after I quick search through the $1 boxes I found a reference book.




































Modred by Chistian N. St. Pierre. After viewing his art prior to the show I thought he could do justice to Modred. It turns out he was only doing headshots, but still a nice sketch for the book


















Mirage by Bob McLeod. First one on my sketchlist. I had contacted Bob prior to the show and dropped the book off with himfirst thing Friday morning. It makes a nice addition to the Shadowcat that he did for me a couple of years ago. Yet another very nice guy.








































No comments: