Sunday, April 19, 2009

NEW ADDITION/FIRST RATING

As promised, or threatened, I am posting up some pictures of my other purchase from Planet Con.




Jack of Hearts mini bust
Bowen Designs
#0713/1200
Sculpted by Joy & Tom Snyder




Obviously I liked this or else I wouldn't have spent the money on it, but I have to say this is a very nice looking bust. I really liked this character from his early appearances and was looking forward to seeing this in person and, hopefully, liking it enough to buy it. The first thing that jumped out at me was the excellent paint job. His outer suit really shines compared to his "shirt" and, at least to me, really makes the bust. It draws the eye and compliments the character rather nicely. Jack has a really detailed costume and they nailed it with this sculpt. While he isn't a well-known character, despite some use during the Busiek and Johns era of the Avengers, he would make a nice addition to your collection.





Need to work up some kind of rating system, but for now I give it

***** out of *****












































1 comment:

Rod said...

Just got shafted on a deal for this one, AFTER i had paid Grrrrrr got the cash back though and the search continues!! High on my want\need list.....